Comprehensive 4K-12 Literacy Institute
July 19 & 20, 2017
Congratulations to 7 individuals who have just completed a year of intensive training to become coaches in the Partnerships of Comprehensive Literacy (PCL) model. They will be guests of honor at a special reception the evening of July 19th where they will receive their certificates. We’d like to thank Francois Ford for sponsoring that reception. This year’s graduating class of literacy coaches that affiliate with the Wisconsin PCL Satellite Center come from the following school districts:
- School District of Belleville
- Dawn Stiegert
- School District of Altoona
- Tara Betlach
- School District of Fort Atkinson
- Marcia Jordl
- School District of Nekoosa
- Jackie Heinz
- Whitefish Bay School District
- Margot DeBot
- Kristin Kashian
- Caitlin Etten
- Abby Beyerl and Lauren Burkey are the event coordinators who are responsible for putting this institute together. They will be at the registration table and onsite, assisting throughout the 2-day institute.
- Credits (1 , 2, or 3) offered. See this link and the Edgewood College representative at the Registration table for more information.
- Sessions generally follow 5 strands. Please see the agenda to make selections that best suit your needs. G eneral categories are: secondary, grades 3-5, grades 1-2, grades 4K-5K, administrative or intervention.
- Q & A with Dr. Linda Dorn will be during Session 4 on Thursday – Questions can be posted anytime Wednesday, through 6 pm here. Questions will also be taken from the floor.
- The Two Lakes Ballroom is the same room as Waubesa and Kegonsa.
- Gone Green – Session materials are on the website through July. Free Wi-Fi. The password will be at your tables.
- All session rooms will have a room monitor who will introduce the speaker and support your needs.
- Look for a survey to come out on Friday. Your feedback is greatly appreciated to help prepare for next summer’s institute.
- Vendor and Collaboration Room in the Three Lakes Ballroom – Open for you the entire time. Use this room for work time and book shopping as needed. Door prizes from our Vendors and the School District of Belleville will be given away at the conclusion of the institute.
- Lunch and an afternoon snack will also be served in the Three Lakes Ballroom
- Adria Klein will be presenting virtually, assisted by Dr. Linda Dorn and 2 PCL coaches –Margot DeBot from Whitefish Bay and Tammy Boyd newly retired from Belleville.
- The Institute willl start and end with Linda Dorn as our keynote Wednesday and closing Thursday.
- Thursday, please report to your first session at 8:00am.