As a clinical site for the UALR Center for Literacy, the WI PCL Clinical Center shares the following goals:
1. To build and maintain partnerships with school districts and PCL university sites committed to improving literacy in Wisconsin and the nation.
2. To provide specialized training to educators in evidence-based literacy programs with proven results;
3. To advocate for reading specialists, intervention specialists, and literacy coaches as agents of literacy change;
4. To engage in collaborative research that leads to the development of practical and usable knowledge for literacy improvement;
5. To provide professional development opportunities through annual summer institutes, and literacy workshops;
6. To provide support for educators in school planning, program evaluation, and literacy improvement;
7. To utilize technology as a tool for observing real-time teaching and engaging educators across multiple sites in constructive, problem-solving discourse;
8. To advocate for teachers and children through active involvement in professional organizations.
9. To work with district leaders in developing system alignment.